BNYS stands for Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences is 5 ½ years Medical Degree. This Residential Medical Degree Course is equivalent to MBBS, BAMS, BUMS, BSMS and BHMS with a Class 'A' Registration being the only legitimate Medical Degree in the field of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences.
The minimum eligibility marks is 12th Standard with Science or any other equivalent examination recognized by University or Boards with 50% aggregate marks in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology. NEET is not required as per ministry of AYUSH.
Scope of BNYS
- Posting as Medical officer and Asst. Medical officer Naturopathy and Yoga in the state Government sector , NRHM, NAM
- Private Practice in Naturopathy clinics
- Consultants in corporate hospitals inside and outside the state
- Health consultants in Holistic Wellness Centres, spas and cruises
- Consultants in numerous Naturopathy and Yoga Hospitals across the world
- Stress management consultant in various IT and BT sectors and various Multispeciality Hospitals throughout the world.
- Life style Consultants in speciality clinics treating life style disorders like obesity, stress, diabetes mellitus, hypertension etc.
- Employed also as Yoga therapist, Dietician, Acupuncturist, and Physiotherapist & Counselors in all the hospitals in India & abroad.
ACADEMICS & RESEARCH OPPORTUNITIES
- Various posts like Tutor, Lecturer, Asst.professor and Professors in Government as well in private Naturopathy & Yoga Colleges over the country
- Research scholars, therapist and officers in various government and private organizations.
- As SPA managers and Spa therapist in various leading brands of the hotel industry as well as resort providing health and rejuvenation program both in India
- Deputation under central government as cultural ambassadors through Central Council for Indian Cultural Relation to propagate yoga in many of its cultural offices spread throughout the world.
Naturopathy is an art and science of healthy living. It is one of most effective, evidence based, drug less and natural healing system. Naturopathy is recognized and well accepted as an independent system of medicine. Naturopathy advocates aiding human system to remove the cause of disease from human body for curing diseases. Naturopathy is based on its own principle and philosophy with well-established scientific base. Naturopathy follows “Unity of diseases and Unity of cure” as its major principle and tries to enhance our body’s natural recuperative power in healing process. Naturopathy cures patients suffering from chronic ailments in comparatively less time than any other forms of medicine. Naturopathy treats the person as whole and thereby treatment through all the aspects like physical, mental, social and spiritual level give complete cure with least or no side effects. According to naturopathy “Food is only the medicine “, no external medications are used. Some important treatments of naturopathy are
HYDROTHERAPY, ACUPUNCTURE, DIET THERAPY, YOGA THERAPY, MASSAGE THERAPY, CHROMOTHERAPY, MAGNETOTHERAPY, PHYSIOTHERAPY, MUD THERAPY, FASTING THERAPY, and AIR THERAPY